Ramesh C.Gaur, Librarian & HoD(KN), IGNCA
Dr. ARD Prasad, Associate Professor, DRTC, ISI, Bangaluru
Antony Jose, Librarian, MDI, Gurgaon
Asha Gupta, Bibliographer, KN, IGNCA
Dr. O N Chaubey, IGNCA
a.m. to 9.45 a.m.
a.m.to 11.30 a.m.
- Saraswati Puja
- Welcome Address, Annual Report Presentation and Introduction to the Seminar, by Dr. Ramesh C Gaur, Librarian &
- Address by Shri Chinmaya R Gharekhan, President, IGNCA Trust
- Preservation & Access to Information vis-a-vis IGNCA Cultural Knowledge Resources by Dr. Usha M Munshi, Librarian, IIPA, New Delhi
- Address by Dr. Jagdish Arora, Director, INFLIBNET, Ahmedabad
- Address by Mrs. Shailaja Chandra, Chairperson, Delhi Library Board and Executive Director, Jansankhya Sthirata Kosh, New Delhi
- Remarks by Dr. K K Chakravarty, Member Secretary, IGNCA
- Vote of thanks by Mrs. Asha Gupta, Bibliographer, IGNCA
: Dr.N.K.Khatri, ISI, New Delhi
p.m. to 1.30 p.m.
Session I: Digitization & Digital Library initiatives with
special reference to Indian Cultural Heritage Resources.
Dr. Dinesh Katre Group Coordinator, Human-Centred
Design & Computing, C-DAC, Pune
- Laying the foundations for digital preservation for museum
collections: Experience of JATAN Virtual Museum Builder by Dr. Dinesh Katre Group Coordinator, Human-Centred Design & Computing,
- Digitization of Indian Culture Heritage by Shri P Jha, Director, CIL
- Digitization of Indian Culture Heritage; Experience in KBOPL Manuscripts digitiation and Rajasthan Museum digitization by Shri Pratik Srivastava, Sr. Technical Director, NIC, New
- Digitization initiative at CSL, New Delhi by Dr. P R Goswami, Director, CSL, New Delhi
: Dr.R.K. Shukla, Librarian,
DCE, New Delhi
p.m to 2.15 p.m.
p.m. to 3.15 p.m.
Session II: Development of Digital Repository/Digital Archive
Steven P. Kerchoff, Information Resource Officer (India,
Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal), U.S. Embassy, New Delhi
Ms. Renu Seth, Manager,
Regional Information Centre, max Mueller Bhawan, New Delhi
p.m. to 3.30 p.m.
p.m. to 4.30 p.m.
Session III : Electronic Gateway to Indian Culture Heritage
Raina, Professor, IIM, Lucknow
- Development of Electronic Gateway in collaboration with Publishers -Taylor and Francis proposal by Ms. Jaya Bhattacharji, Editorial Manager, South Asia, Taylor & Francis Books India Pvt. Ltd., New
- Presentation of LS Digital by Mr. Amit, Libsys Corporation, New Delhi.
Ms. Sangeeta Kaul, Network Manager, DELNET, New Delhi
Dr. Bibhuti Bhusan Sahoo, Asstt. Librarian, IIT Delhi
p.m. to 5.45 p.m.
Discussions I: Discussions on proposal on National Electronic
Dr. Kapila Vatsyayan
- Prof. G.C.Tripathi, HoD (KK), IGNCA
- Dr. ARD
Prasad, Associate Professor, DRTC, ISI, Bangaluru (Reflections)
- Dr. Usha M Munshi, Librarian, IIPA, New Delhi
- Shri P.Jha, Director, CIL, IGNCA
- A Draft proposal on National Electronic Manuscript Library by Dr.Ramesh C.Gaur, Librarian &
- Presentation from NMM/NIC on Granthalaya and digitization of Manuscripts under NMM by Mr. Biswaranjan, NMM, IGNCA
Dr.A.P.Singh, I.P.University, New Delhi
p.m. to 6.15 p.m.
& visit to Exhibitions
1st February, 2009
am to 10.00 am
Techniques and Methods
Dr. Pravakar Rath,
DLIS, Mizoram University, Aizawl
Rapporteur: Dr. N K Bar, Chief Librarian, Election Commission
a.m. to 11.30 a.m.
Session IV: Digital Preservation Challenges.
Dr. Jagdish Arora,
- Digital Preservation Challenges by Dr. Jagdish Arora, Director,
- PREMIS by Dr. ARD Prasad, DRTC, Bangaluru
- Draft digital Preservation Policy for IGNCA: A proposal by Dr. Aditya Tripathi, BHU,
- Digitization and Digital Preservation of Indian Cultural Heritage by Dr. Ramesh C Gaur, HOD(KN),
- Preserving digital content over time
(PDF of PPT |
PDF of text) – four key issues by Heather Brown Assistant Director, Paper and Books, Artlab Australia
(for circulation only)
Dr. Pushkar, NHPC, Faridabad
Mrs. Kavita Gaur, Assistant Librarian, International Management Institute, New Delhi
a.m. to 12.00 noon.
noon to 1.15 p.m.
Session V: Open Access Initiatives
Chairperson: Prof. P B Mangla, Former Professor, Delhi University
Rapporteurs: Mr. Salek
Chandra, NIHFW, New Delhi
p.m. to 2.00 p.m.
p.m. to 3.00 p.m.
Suggestion VI: Copy Right and IPR Issues in Digital Environment
Chairperson: Mr. Subhash Deshmukh, University Librarian, IP University
Rapporteurs: Dr Tariq Asaraf, South Campus, Delhi University
p.m. to 3.15 p.m.
|3.15 p.m. to 4.15 p.m
Panel Discussions II - Discussions on "Digital Preservation and Access to Indian Cultural Heritage with special reference to IGNCA Cultural Knowledge Resources".
Chairperson -Dr. H. K. Kaul, Director, DELNET, New Delhi
- Dr. R. K. Chadha, Joint Secretary, Parliament of India
- Mrs. Kalpana Dasgupta, Former Director, CSL, New Delhi
- Dr. S. Majumdar, University Librarian, Delhi University
- Dr. A.R.D Prasad ,Associate Professor,DRTC,ISI Banguluru
Dr. S. S. Dhaka, Director, MEA Library
Dr. (Mrs.) M. Samantaray, Dy. Librarian, NCERT, New Delhi
p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Dr. K K Chakravarty, Member Secretary, IGNCA
- Ms. Aditi Mehta, Joint Secretary, IGNCA
- Dr. Ramesh C.Gaur, Librarian & HoD
- Dr. A.R.D. Prasad, Associate Professor, DRTC, ISI Bangaluru
- Dr. Antony Jose, Librarian, MDI, Gurgaon
Rapporteurs : Dr. Sanjay
Kataria, Head, Learning Resource Centre, JIIT, NOIDA